Personal Injury Solicitor PSL Trainer
This firm is a leading provider of claims services to the insurance industry and their customers. The range of services extends from receiving notification of a cracked windscreen at one end of the spectrum, to the conduct of a multi-million pound catastrophic injury claim at the other.
They are looking for an 8PQE+ Personal Injury solicitor to join the team in the Liverpool city centre office in a different role to the norm. You will step away form fee earning and become a PI Legal Trainer, with the roles of a PSL
- Devise and deliver legal training in line with the Legal Training Policy in an efficient and effective manner to ensure the continual contribution to the firm's quality of all services offered.
- Achieve agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) and contribute positively to the team performance
- Provide feedback reports on activities or risks identified to the Legal Training Manager on a weekly/monthly basis, or as required.
- Monitor legal training evaluation feedback forms to ensure a continual contribution to the firm's quality of all services offered.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, prepare, facilitate and/or review all areas of the legal training to meet the needs of the business, including amending all training documentation as and when required, in accordance with procedural updates and legislative and regulatory guidelines.
- Keep up to date with developments within the legal sector and company systems, practices and procedures.
- Support the business in providing quality and meaningful legal training data in line with the Legal Training Policy.
- Liaise with the Legal Training Manager following the identification of any risk, training or performance needs.
- Actively promote and represent the Legal Training Department throughout the whole business and to external bodies.
This list is neither exclusive nor exhaustive and there may be other duties within the remit of this position required of the jobholder from time to time. We reserve the right to alter this job description and will do so after consultation with the jobholder.
Experience & Knowledge
- At least 8 years' experience in the conduct of personal injury litigation.
- Experience and expertise in areas of Portal, Fast Track and Multi Track claims.
- Experience and knowledge of Defence work and Serious Injury claims.
- A high awareness of other relevant areas of regulation and/or statutory legislation affecting the industry.
- Ability to prepare and deliver training in a confident, creative and professional manner.
- Ability to interpret information, identify risk and provide feedback in a clear and concise manner.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and flexibly to meet business and department deadlines.
- A recognised training qualification or a willingness to undertake progress towards a recognised and relevant qualification.
- An understanding of the fundamentals of motor and legal expenses insurance.
- A knowledge of VisualFiles Legal claims management system
- An understanding of insurance claims handling processes, including, but not limited to: first party and third party claims, third party intervention, hire and recovery.
- An awareness and understanding of ICOBS 8 and Treating Customers Fairly.
- An understanding of the SRA Code of Conduct and the SRA Accounts Rules.
- Strong IT/case management skills.
- Medicash after 1 month (Includes a vast range of discounts including retail discounts, contract phone discounts and many other discounts for both the high street and online. Medicash also offers the option to claim back medical expenses spent up to a certain value)
- Flexible Working dependant on the role requirements
- Childcare vouchers
- Discounted gym membership after passing 6 month probation
- Pension Scheme
- Death in Service
- Free Fruit on Monday's
- Subsidised social events
Lipson Lloyd Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.