Locum Commercial Property Solicitor - South Wales
An opportunity has arisen for a locum property lawyer to join the busy development team at a South Wales local authority. This exciting role covers a wide spectrum of commercial property matters, including commercial development projects, compulsory purchases, landlord and tenant, major disposals and acquisitions as well as general commercial property matters.
This is an on-going assignment. Previous locum lawyers at this authority have enjoyed long term contracts of at least 2 months with potential for extension.
This post can be offered on a full or part time basis depending upon the candidate's preferences. A minimum of 3 days a week is required. This client is particular flexible and will consider candidates who wish to work the majority of the week from home.
A minimum of four years' experience as a practising lawyer and legal advisor in the field of property is expected as well as proven success working in an effective legal team, building quality relationship with colleagues and clients. Solicitors must either hold a current practising certificate or be able to get one upon appointment. Barristers and Fellows of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives are also encouraged to apply. The ideal applicant will also have good organisational and IT skills.
Duties will include:
- Advising on all aspects of property work, legislation and transactional matters
- Offering strategic advice on land issues, preparing and negotiating documents and setting up development vehicles
- Advising on the CPO process and on CPOs linked to development agreements as well as individual properties
- Undertaking transactional property related matters, including: disposal and acquisitions, compulsory purchase, landlord and tenant, easements, covenants, variations and statutory transfers
- Advising on all commercial landlord and tenant matters, drafting and negotiating the appropriate commercial leases
- Advising on acquisitions an disposals and whether they may need options, conditional contracts or overage
- This post will give the successful applicant great exposure to complex and varied work. The post holder will enjoy a high level of responsibility with a great deal of client contact.
- Hourly rate is negotiable dependent upon experience but candidates can expect an offer of £35-£45 per hour (umbrella) [Inside IR35].
For further information on this role please contact Claire Watt at Chadwick Nott on 01618285407 or email a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.