Commercial Contracts & Procurement Lawyer
A new locum opportunity has arisen in Luton for a Commercial Contracts & Procurement Lawyer with a local authority legal team.
This is an ongoing, full time assignment. Part time applications will still be considered but on a case by case basis. Flexible working arrangements are also on offer.
Duties will include:
- Drafting and negotiating a range of agreements
- Advising on procurement law matters, including: EU public procurement directives, public contracts regulations, governance, social care and health, IT, framework agreements, OJEU notices, ITT and commissioning
- To give legal advice, often in relation to highly complex matters, to Officers and Members of the Council as required to allow them to make decisions and achieve solutions to problems which comply with the law and governance requirements.
- To advise on and deal with all legal matters relating to UK and EU contract and public procurement law, related governance and other general legal matters affecting the Council.
To be successful in this post you will need:
- A qualification as a solicitor, barrister or legal executive
- Thorough knowledge of contract law, local government law, EU regulations, best value and partnering concepts
- Significant experience of advising on, drafting and negotiating a broad range of commercial contracts
- Evidence of ability to analyse, problem-solve and manage complex matters at a senior level without supervision and to work closely with other council officers and members
Hourly rate is negotiable dependent upon experience but as a guideline a bracket of £35 - £45 per hour has been discussed (inside IR35).
To apply for this post, please call Claire Watt on 0161 8285407 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your up to date CV.
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.