Associate – Litigation
The capabilities and talent of our lawyers have earned us industry recognition for identifying all the steps necessary to meet our clients' goals, however diverse of complex the requirement.
We are an award-winning law firm with expertise in BVI, Cayman Islands, Guernsey and Jersey law and the agility to drive success for our clients in a fast moving world. We provide legal advice shaped around the needs of corporate and private clients, financial institutions and intermediaries worldwide.
Working in multi-disciplinary teams, we marry thought leadership with a proactive approach to solving issues holistically – without client needing to raise them – across geographies and practice areas in the most efficient and seamless way. Through this approach – delivering reliability and stability with flair – we combine commercial acumen with service excellence that helps you to achieve your goals and stay ahead.
Known for its involvement in significant and high-profile cases, our litigation practice offers advice and representation on a wide variety of matters, including trusts, cross border fraud, insolvency and employment. As part of our strategic plans we're looking to recruit a new associate to join our Jersey team at NQ level.
This role will entail supporting the partners and taking responsibility as appropriate for aspects of cases involving a variety of contentious work, including contentious trust and company, cross border fraud and insolvency.
Non contentious and contentious employment law work will also be a focus.
- Providing an efficient and high quality legal support service to the partners and senior associates in all aspects of their client work.
- As and when requested, taking responsibility for matters, to include management of the client relationship.
- Assisting in the promotion of and proactively seeking opportunities for business development.
- Working with the partners to develop and successfully implement business plans.
- Initiating and writing briefings.
- Contribution to Knowledge Management objectives.
- Supervising more junior legal staff.
- Taking responsibility for any other activities/projects as required by the partners from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience
- NQ Solicitor/Barrister from a Commonwealth jurisdiction.
- Relevant litigation experience.
- Ideally experience during training in an employment law seat.
- A client focused approach.
- Organisational/time management skills and the ability to prioritise and manage a workload effectively within deadlines.
- A responsible, disciplined and methodical approach and a keen eye for detail.
- The ability to use initiative to resolve issues and to work independently with an appropriate level of supervision.
- Flexibility, energy and enthusiasm
More searches like this
- Insolvency & restructuring 1-3 years Private Practice £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in Jersey (GB)
- Dispute Resolution 1-3 years Private Practice £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in Jersey (GB)
- Arbitration 1-3 years Private Practice £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in Jersey (GB)
- Banking Litigation 1-3 years Private Practice £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in Jersey (GB)
- Commercial Litigation 1-3 years Private Practice £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in Jersey (GB)