This professional discipline team is ranked in the top-tier by the legal directories and is one of the largest in the country.
Acting for many regulatory bodies, primarily in the health sector - they are seeking an ambitious regulatory solicitor in Leeds to help build and develop the practice in the North.
This firm is a leading provider of legal services to the health, social care and housing sectors, as well as in the field of professional discipline and they are recruiting a regulatory solicitor to manage an investigatory caseload where it is alleged that the registrant's fitness to practise is impaired through misconduct, competence or health issues and preparing those cases for hearings before panels and committees of the relevant regulators.
The work is varied, challenging and rewarding and the cases cover everything from large-scale fraud or multi-patient clinical failings through to inappropriate sexualised behaviour.
The solicitors carry out the day-to-day conduct of the regulator’s cases under the supervision of a partner and with the assistance of a paralegal.
In summary, solicitor's handle duties such as:
- Prepare the case plan at the outset of the case
- Prepare advice on procedural or evidential issues
- Correspond with the defence
- Ensure that all factual evidence required to prove the allegations is obtained
- Interview key witnesses in complex cases
- Supervise witness statements taken by paralegals
- Instruct experts and identify if any amendments are necessary to the expert report
- Prepare instructions to counsel
- Attend conferences with counsel
- Liaise with the defence in the run-up to the hearing; and more.
In addition, there will be opportunities to contribute to client relationship development and business development activities, as well as become involved in supervising and mentoring more junior members of the team.
Please apply directly via the link or contact Rachael Atherton for further information on this regulatory solicitor role based in Leeds. 0113 254 9296.