Legal Advsior 2+PQE
Leading IT Company seeks an additional lawyer to work across a range of high profile contracts. Current joint ventures are with major global IT Companies and leading Government departments. Reporting to The Head of Legal, you will undertake a broad ranging role as detailed below:
- Advise Business Stakeholders on legal matters relevant to their business to ensure that legal, governance and related issues are properly understood and factored into decision making
- Provide Legal advice on large business transactions, including the analysis of contract clauses, documents and major customer forms; advising on and drafting responses to proposed business terms; drafting new agreements, amendments and other documentation; and ensuring that legal, governance and related issues are understood and factored into decision making
- Advise on contract negotiation
- Advise and identify risks that cannot be managed mitigated through the legal process
- Manage and identify risks and mitigation outside of contract
- Manage stakeholder relationships
- Advise on and implement corporate non-transactional matters
- Instruct and manage external counsel for the Company as appropriate to ensure best value and quality of service
- Promote, organise and deliver education and awareness on relevant legal issues for people so that people have an understanding of legal issues appropriate to their responsibilities
- Highlight priority areas requiring legal support and agree action plans to address issues.
- Responsible for delivering first class legal advice, working closely with the relevant business teams on strategic commercial, legal and regulatory developments and negotiations, taking account of all relevant legal risks.
- Participate in business decisions on strategy, commercial policy and specific transactions to ensure that legal, governance and related issues are properly understood and addressed
- Contribute to the development of the Department, through driving change to match the company as it changes, and driving continuous improvement in line with internal client expectations
Skills and Experience
- Qualified solicitor or barrister
- Good communicator, also able to listen effectively in a team or commercial environment
- Strong understanding of commercial issues as a result of due diligence undertaken on transactions
- Experience of working in TMT, Commercial or Corporate Divisions of leading law firms, or in-house experience at a technology focused organisation
- Knowledge and strong understanding of Business Process Outsourcing
- Ability to manage and deliver against competing priorities
- Interested in building on legal capabilities and technical skills in both general commercial practise as well as increase depth in a specialist practise area such as property, employment, or regulation.
For additional information on this opportunity, please contact Brian Littleton at Chadwick Nott.
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.