Are you a Legal Cashier looking for a new role in Leeds?
SaccoMann are working with a regional law firm who are recruiting for a Legal Cashier to support their Accounts Manager in a busy office.
Hours are: 9am-5pm Monday- Friday. The firm would consider part time applicants.
The firm require a legal cashier who will sit within the Finance team along with five other Cashiers. You will be supporting all departments across the practice which includes Leeds, Sheffield and York. You must be prepared to work at our other branches if requested.
You will need to be able to demonstrate experience in bank payments, receipts & reconciliations, billing, an understanding of purchase ledger and nominal ledger, have an understanding of the Solicitors Accounts Rules and have the necessary enthusiasm & drive to work within the legal sector.
What duties will the role include?
The work you will be carrying out will be challenging and wide-ranging and key responsibilities will include;
- Ensuring compliance with the SAR, Money Laundering Regulations and VAT requirements in all aspects of the role
- Adhering to Cyber Security and being vigilant at all times
- Bill processing
- Cheque production
- Daily banking
- Making electronic payments via our on line banking facility
- High volume bank reconciliation
- Distribution and reconciliation of petty cash
- Monitoring incoming and outgoing bank credit payments
- Liaising with fee earners and support staff across the practice, ensuring excellent client service is delivered at all times
- Performing interest calculations & posting them onto the system
- Ad-hoc project work
What skills and experience do I need to have?
- Experience gained from working in a busy legal cashiering role
- Excellent organisational skills and an ability to prioritise
- Knowledge and experience of using MS Office including Excel
- An ability to work under pressure
- A team player ethos with a strong client focussed approach
- Excellent client facing and interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Adaptability and flexibility
- The ability to prioritise effectively and remain calm under pressure
- Accuracy & attention to detail
- Experience in working in a fast paced environment
- Strong organisation skills
-Be confident dealing with telephone queries
Knowledge of the Envision Practice Management system would be advantageous.
The firm has some great benefits including:
- 22 days holiday (5 extra days to buy) and can also carry any unused holidays over to a new year.
- 3 times death in service.
- Family friendly days off (a way of not using annual leave for emergency days off)
- Cash back plan after 6 months in the firm for perks such as dentists, opticians
If you are a Legal Cashier and would like to apply for this role or receive the full job description, please contact Katy O'Loughlin at Sacco Mann. Alternatively, if you would like to hear about the other opportunities we have, please visit our website or contact one of our consultants directly.
Apply for Legal Cashier
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly