Large Loss Defendant PI Solicitor
We are currently recruiting for a Solicitor to work within the Large and Complex Loss department in our Liverpool Office. This is a great opportunity for someone to develop their legal skills and progress within this national firm.
Workloads will include post litigation claims involving large loss with high value cases of £50K upwards including indemnity disputes, liability and quantum. The team deals with claims involving complex injuries, consisting of brain, spinal cord, psychiatric, fractures, nerve damage and pain cases predominantly following Road Traffic Accidents.
A successful Defendant niche practice working with the top 20 Insurance Companies in the UK, this firm offers an excellent working environment in a contemporary, city centre and modern office. We promote a relaxed and approachable atmosphere and operate a relaxed dress down policy.
Our full time hours are 35 hours per week, Monday - Friday 7 hours per day working flexible hours between 8am to 6pm.
All our employees receive range of company benefits including:
- Flexible working hours;
- Reduced gym memberships;
- Training bursaries;
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays;
- Employer pension contribution; and
- Continuous recognition via the employee recognition scheme 'Mo'.
Main Duties of the Role Include (but are not limited to):
- To be willing to travel around the country to meet clients, and develop client relationships both in a social and professional setting
- To have knowledge of the Ogden tables, in the application of calculating claims for future loss
- To practice good file management and ensure that cases are handled in accordance with client service standards
- To be prepared to use a high degree of initiative and self-management
- To be extremely well organised in all areas, and able to manage time effectively
- Assist Partners on the day to day running of their files to include reviewing evidence, drafting correspondence, court documents. Etc.
- Managing court timetables and ensuring all court dates are diarised
- Preparing/reviewing evidence
- Advising clients on tactics and reviewing evidence
- Preparing court documents
- Attending conferences with experts/clients/counsel
- Attending court/telephone hearings and representing the client for hearings where appropriate
- Interviewing witnesses and experts to obtain witness statements
- Instructing experts/counsel and occasionally attending trials
- Continuous review and updates are to be provided to the client as the evidence evolves
- Maintain strong working relationships with clients ensuring deadlines and SLA's are met
- Keep up to date with all correspondence and communication relating to files
- To collect, update and report on MI
- Keep up to date of relevant case law and legislation
- To ensure the confidentiality of all the firm's and clients' documentation and information is in compliance with all DPA requirements
- Comply with the firm's practices and procedures
This firm has a strong reputation for developing and nurturing employees, there are many opportunities for progression and for the successful candidate to have a rewarding and prosperous career with us. Our teams are keen to support you as you progress within your career; the Firm has a very transparent promotion structure all the way to Partnership.
You will be working in a small team of experienced professionals in an engaging and driven environment. This will be a challenging yet rewarding role, as not only do we promote strong relationships and results for our clients we also promote strong working relationships within the team.
We also take our charity work very seriously and often hold fundraisers and events for our nominated charity of the year.
Skills and Experience:
- Strong organisational skills - essential
- Litigation experience - essential
- Personal injury experience - essential
- Experience of communicating with clients and maintaining strong relationships - essential
- Knowledge of the insurance market - desirable
- Defendant experience - desirable
- Excellent organisation and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent knowledge of relevant case law and its application
- The ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- A keen interest in the department
Flexibility to travel as and when required to attend on our insurer clients, court or on witnesses
Lipson Lloyd Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.