Senior Associate / Head of Conveyancing
Job Title Senior Associate / Head of Conveyancing
Reporting to Conveyancing Partner
Responsible for Residential Conveyancing Team
Date August 2017
The Head of Conveyancing will be a senior manager of the departments as well as an experiences and effective fee earner.
Their key responsibilities will be to ensure the smooth running of the department and to encourage, support and develop all members of the department whilst ensuring key targets are met and are compliant with the firm systems and procedures.
Management and administration in conjunction with other senior team members
- To undertake compliance with and to be fully aware of all aspects of requirements imposed by the Solicitors Act, Solicitors’ Accounts Rules and Trust Account Rules, and all other Statutory and Law Society Rules and Regulations from time to time in force for the conduct of the business of a solicitor.
- To encourage and promote the agreed image and ethos of the firm and encouraging a team culture and support network for staff.
- The day to day management of the Residential Conveyancing Dept. including visiting staff in all offices as and when required.
- To advise and supervise any member of staff and especially within an area of responsibility delegated to the HOD.
- Organising departmental meetings, setting agendas and keeping minutes/action plan.
- To actively seek ways to contribute to the continuing evolution and development of the firm and its conveyancing department. Including holding monthly training sessions with trainees/paralegals/legal secretaries (either in a group or individually).
- Organising annual ‘away day’ each year for the department.
- To undertake monthly one to one meetings with the team and where appropriate, staff Personal Development Reviews’
- Lender Panel membership and maintenance/renewal.
- Assisting with quality marks (e.g. CQS and Lexcel) accreditation and compliance, panel memberships, CPD, File Audits
- Responsible for coordinating holidays and other leave to ensure adequate cover across the department.
- Providing locum cover where required.
- Coordinating departmental marketing and working with individual fee earners on marking plans for each office.
- Maintaining a consistent and fair/organised triage system
- Monitoring and keeping track of new work coming into the firm. Building relationships with clients.
- Attending marketing and networking events.
- Streamlining fees charges so they are consistent across the department and ensuring this is maintained.
- Approving team targets with the Financial Director on an annual basis.
- To be familiar with and comply with the requirements of the firm’s Office Manual and quality standards procedures.
- Dealing with complaints at the initial stage
- Continually review team structure ensuring correct people are in place with adequate support.
- Preparing departmental reports as and when required by partners.
- Liaising with third parties such as search providers, indemnity providers and reviewing the providers we use.
- To ensure the confidentiality and security of all firm and client documentation and information.
- To maintain high standards in the processing of client work, both in respect of professional standards and client care.
- To maintain good professional working relationships with external institutions and organisations, so far as lies within the HOD’s power.
- To adhere to agreed practice and procedures as determined from time to time, especially as related to quality standards.
- To achieve agreed financial targets, in respect of fee income.
- To provide advice and guidance and thorough supervision to other subordinate fee-earners and support staff within an area of responsibility delegated to the HOD.
- To develop leadership skills and the ability to optimise team performance.
- Through training and other means, to keep fully up to date with relevant legislation and practice.
- To monitor and help develop systems and procedures within the area of responsibility
- To market the firm’s client services.
- To assist in the development of new products and service opportunities.
- At all times to exercise high standards of client care in a professional and pleasant manner.
- Comply with the Solicitors’ Accounts Rules, Trust Account Rules and the Rules on the Professional Conduct of Solicitors.
- Maintain timely, courteous, clear and precise communications with clients and other personnel of the firm.
Apply for Senior Associate / Head of Conveyancing
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly