Managing Director, Trademarks (UK)
Novagraaf is currently recruiting a Managing Director, Trademarks to head up its operations in the UK. The position, based out of the London office, is highly visible within the Novagraaf group and provides a unique opportunity to be a key part of a fast-growing and dynamic business.
The role would suit a senior and ambitious trademark practitioner looking for a diverse, flexible and entrepreneurial role.
In addition to practice trademark expertise, the role requires a strong network in the IP industry, a proven track record of leadership, strategic insight into corporate IP challenges and the drive to build Novagraaf’s customer base and brand reputation in the UK. Candidates should ideally have international experience, and a career history that includes both private practice and industry.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- day-to-day line management of 15 trademark attorneys and support staff;
- commercial management with P&L responsibility;
- governance and quality guardianship;
- mentoring and a point of escalation for complex trademark issues;
- providing Business Development support, especially to our UK and US sales teams.
Responsibilities for P&L are shared with the UK’s Managing Director, Patents. The role has a strong international outlook and the successful candidate will be required to share strategy and capabilities with Managing Directors in the French, Dutch, Swiss and Belgian operations.
The role will require travel: Novagraaf has offices in the UK in London, Manchester and Norwich, and main offices in Paris, Amsterdam, Brussels and Geneva. The UK business is also the main gateway for work generated by the US sales team with clients all over the US, and staff based out of Washington DC.
Required skills and experience
- Registered trademark attorney, 10+ years PQE
- Business development and client account management experience
- P&L and commercial reporting capabilities
- Experience of advising clients on: IP strategy, trademark clearance, contentious and non-contentious filing, prosecution, IPO disputes, co-existence agreements, licensing, IP auditing, copyright and portfolio management.
Desired skills and experience
- Another European language not essential, nice to have
- Specific sports / entertainment client exposure
We offer an attractive benefits package commensurate with experience, including pension contribution and share options.
Apply for Managing Director, Trademarks (UK)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly