Industrial Disease Solicitor: Liverpool
Our client is a Top 45 law firm with offices throughout the UK. Having been recognised as the leading legal employer at the annual Britain's Top Employers awards and achieved several top rankings in Chambers UK 2016, they are immensely proud of the work they carry out for their clients and the culture they provide to their people.
The national Disease team offers advice and guidance on all aspects of industrial illness and disease for insurers, insurance suppliers and commercial organisations. It is a leader in the provision of claims prevention and management, not only handling and defending claims in the most advantageous way for their clients' businesses, but also helping to prevent future claims by helping to establish correct working practices by providing tailored training, in-house talks and workshops.
To manage a mixed caseload of multi track litigated asbestos related disease cases together with some NIHL cases for insurer clients and to provide assistance as and when required to the partner and other members of the team.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Manage a caseload of 25/30 litigated disease claims depending upon complexity and value.
- Review each case upon allocation and report to client/prepare internal strategy report as appropriate.
- Liaise with various parties such as other solicitors, insurers, experts, counsel and clients.
- Control Case Manager diary and action lists.
- Attend at court hearings as appropriate.
- Draft various documents such as letters and reports.
- Perform billing duties, ensuring bills are paid in a timely manner.
- Satisfy standards of client care in accordance with BCM guidelines and directions.
- Complete Client MI procedures.
- Achieve set financial and chargeable targets.
- Comply with relevant rules, policies and procedures.
- Keep up to date with legal developments.
This list is not intended to be exhaustive and you will be expected to perform other duties and have other responsibilities that fall within the wider remit of the role.
The person specification
- Qualified as a solicitor.
- Experience of defending asbestos related disease claims.
- Excellent knowledge of the CPR and litigation.
- Ability to influence a broad range of people including key decision makers.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines and targets.
- Ability to work as part of a team or on own initiative.
Lipson Lloyd Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Please note our advertisements use PQE levels purely as a guide to the minimum level of experience required. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfill this kind of work.