Corporate Restructuring & Insolvency Lawyer
PQE: NQ - 2
Working hours: Full-time
Practice group: CRI
Our client, whose headquarters are in London, is a leading Legal 500 law firm with global reach. The Firm has a full service offering with 12 broad legal disciplines and focusing on 10 industry sectors. The Firm has 167 partners and over 500 lawyers in total. The Firm has an unusually broad range of skills and experience across the full spectrum of business and personal needs and their clients vary from national and international organisations of all sizes, public sector bodies and also private clients.
The Corporate Restructuring & Insolvency (CRI) group is split between the Firm’s London, Guildford and Cheltenham offices and is headed up by James Hyne. The team is made up of five partners and nine associates across several bands of PQE together with a dedicated paralegal.
The team have specialist expertise in all aspects of CRI, with services including:
- restructuring of solvent and insolvent companies
- pre-formal insolvency advice and planning
- advice on directors' duties and liabilities in relation to distressed or insolvent companies
- formal insolvencies, including administrations, liquidations (solvent and insolvent) and bankruptcies
- security reviews on existing or proposed loans
- strategic acquisitions of insolvent businesses and assets from insolvency
- advice to investors in distressed or insolvent companies
- litigation and recovery actions
- asset tracing
- directors' disqualification proceedings
- LPA Receiverships, and cross-border insolvency and COMI issues.
Our client’s CRI practice carries out the full range of contentious and non-contentious insolvency work. The Firm act for insolvency practitioners, lenders and financial institutions, companies, directors, creditors and stakeholders. Our client’s UK-based practice has a significant international element to it, covering Europe, the Caribbean and the US.
The CRI London team has two partners, two senior associates, two associates at the 2 – 4 PQE level and one trainee solicitor. It is hardworking but very friendly.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Drafting and managing transactional documents.
- Carrying out legal research.
- Assisting the team with all stages of contentious insolvency matters including general case management.
- Liaising with stakeholders (e.g. clients, counsel and other firms).
- Managing smaller matters with, eventually, minimal supervision.
- Actively engaging in business development and knowledge management.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a good academic background and excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Have trained with a large regional commercial practice or City firm.
- Have completed a restructuring & insolvency seat during their training contract. Our client will also consider candidates who have completed seats in both Corporate and Commercial Litigation if they can demonstrate experience of insolvency-related work.
- Have experience of both contentious and non-contentious insolvency matters, both corporate and personal.
- Be technically excellent.
- Be willing to take on early responsibility and opportunities to develop client relationships.
- Be a personable team player.
- Have excellent IT skills.
Our client is committed to providing equal opportunities for all. If, as a result of a disability, you believe that there are aspects of the recruitment process or job that you would find more difficult than a non-disabled person, please tell us as soon as possible. We will then be able to discuss with you any reasonable adjustments that could be made to the recruitment process or the job itself.
Apply for This Role
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like to find out more information, please submit your CV below and we will contact you.
Apply for Corporate Restructuring & Insolvency Lawyer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly