Lawyer - Private Property
Working hours: Full-time
Practice group: Private Property - Private Client Division
Our client, whose headquarters are in London, is a leading Legal 500 law firm with global reach. The Firm has a full service offering with 12 broad legal disciplines and focusing on 10 industry sectors. The Firm has 167 partners and over 500 lawyers in total. The Firm has an unusually broad range of skills and experience across the full spectrum of business and personal needs and their clients vary from national and international organisations of all sizes, public sector bodies and also private clients.
Our client has a fantastic opportunity for an Associate (1 - 4 PQE) to join their Private Property group within their Private Client Division. The ideal candidate will be a good quality generalist residential property lawyer, ideally with some experience of rural properties, looking to develop their career in a friendly collegiate team.
The team works with landed estates, trustees, charities and private individuals from the UK and overseas, advising on landed estate and rural property transactions and non-transactional management work, including internal referrals cross-office, as well as residential property transactions.
The team in Cheltenham consists of two Partners, one Senior Associate, three Associates and one Title Specialist.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provide legal advice to clients in a succinct, practical and persuasive manner
- Manage a substantial and varied workload efficiently and cost effectively with supervision, appropriate to level of expertise
- Draft accurately and logically, making appropriate use of precedents
- Apply a commercial approach to research and evaluate relevance and accuracy in delivery of advice
- Support Partners in client marketing and business development activities to develop the department’s client base and network of referrers and contacts
- Contribute to divisional knowledge and know-how initiatives
The ideal candidate must:
- Be confident to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Demonstrate excellent time management skills
- Be organised and capable of running a significant number of files and work matters simultaneously
- Have the ability to develop effective working relations at all levels.
- Be confident in both verbal and written communication with a diverse range of clients
- Have a flexible approach and willing to go the extra mile
- Although not essential, it would be desirable to have some experience of agricultural and rural property work
Our client is committed to providing equal opportunities for all. If, as a result of a disability, you believe that there are aspects of the recruitment process or job that you would find more difficult than a non-disabled person, please tell us as soon as possible. We will then be able to discuss with you any reasonable adjustments that could be made to the recruitment process or the job itself.
Apply for This Role
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like to find out more information, please submit your CV below and we will contact you.
More searches like this
- Agriculture Partner Trainees & Graduate Positions £70,000 - £99,999 jobs in Cheltenham
- Private Client Partner Trainees & Graduate Positions £70,000 - £99,999 jobs in Cheltenham
- Personal Asset Management Partner Trainees & Graduate Positions £70,000 - £99,999 jobs in Cheltenham
- Real Estate Partner Trainees & Graduate Positions £70,000 - £99,999 jobs in Cheltenham
- Residential Property Partner Trainees & Graduate Positions £70,000 - £99,999 jobs in Cheltenham