Corporate Tax Lawyer
Working hours: Full-time
Practice group: Corporate Tax Group
Our client, whose headquarters are in London, is a leading Legal 500 law firm with global reach. The Firm has a full service offering with 12 broad legal disciplines and focusing on 10 industry sectors. The Firm has 167 partners and over 500 lawyers in total. The Firm has an unusually broad range of skills and experience across the full spectrum of business and personal needs and their clients vary from national and international organisations of all sizes, public sector bodies and also private clients.
Our client has an excellent opportunity in their Corporate Tax group based in their London office, and are looking to recruit an Associate at the 2-4 PQE level of experience.
The Corporate Tax group acts for a wide range of clients that include public/private companies, financial institutions, set ups, operating both in the UK and internationally, as well as advising private wealth individuals, entrepreneurs and charities.
The work mix is broad covering corporate, real estate and finance transactions, investment funds tax, share schemes, employment incentives and remuneration planning.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage your own workload cost effectively and provide transactional and advisory legal advice to clients in a succinct, practical and persuasive manner
- Draft accurately and logically
- Carrying out legal research, contributing to divisional knowledge and know-how
- Support Partners and lead specific initiatives in client marketing and business development activities to develop the departments client base and network of referrers and contacts
The ideal candidate:
- Must have experience of dealing with the tax aspects that arise in midmarket M&A transactions, in particular the tax issues associated with target businesses that have put in place option schemes or otherwise have management shareholders;
- Must have share schemes experience, specifically in drafting equity incentive plans and preparing EMI valuations for smaller, start-up businesses;
- Will have experience in providing advice in the Private Wealth area;
- Highly motivated individual who will be able to deal effectively with conflicting requirements
- Strong commitment to providing clients with a high quality service
- Good communication skills
- Pro-active team player
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise in a busy schedule
- Good organisational skills and ability to efficiently run a number of work matters/ tasks simultaneously, working to tight deadlines
- High degree of accuracy/attention to detail
Our client is committed to providing equal opportunities for all. If, as a result of a disability, you believe that there are aspects of the recruitment process or job that you would find more difficult than a non-disabled person, please tell us as soon as possible. We will then be able to discuss with you any reasonable adjustments that could be made to the recruitment process or the job itself.
Apply for This Role
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like to find out more information, please submit your CV below and we will contact you.
More searches like this
- Corporate 7+ years Trainees & Graduate Positions £70,000 - £99,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Commercial contracts 7+ years Trainees & Graduate Positions £70,000 - £99,999 jobs in London (Central)
- M&A 7+ years Trainees & Graduate Positions £70,000 - £99,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Equity Capital Markets 7+ years Trainees & Graduate Positions £70,000 - £99,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Private Equity 7+ years Trainees & Graduate Positions £70,000 - £99,999 jobs in London (Central)