Senior Legal Counsel
Broadridge, a global fintech leader with over $4 billion in revenue, provides communications, technology, data, and analytics. We help drive business transformation for our clients with solutions for enriching client engagement, navigating risk, optimizing efficiency, and generating revenue growth. Broadridge employs over 10,000 full-time associates globally with a significant presence in North America, Europe, and Asia. Please visit our website at www.broadridge.com to learn more.
We are looking for a Senior Legal Counsel reporting to our International Chief Counsel based at our London (Canary Wharf) offices to provide high quality legal support to Broadridge’s international businesses outside the Americas and India (“Non-US Business”).
You’ll need an LLB or equivalent (min 2:1), be a Solicitor qualified in England and Wales, Australia, New Zealand or Singapore and have a minimum of 7 years PQE. You’ll also have at least 2 years of experience from a reputable law firm (technology or general commercial department with some technology contract experience) and/or experience in drafting and negotiating complicated technology contracts from a large international technology company.
You’ll join our legal team giving advice, drafting and negotiating technology contracts, particularly software licence and maintenance contracts, ASP/SAAS contracts and BPO contracts (for sales (mainly) and procurement).
There are also commercial contracts – e.g. reseller and agency contracts, marketing services contracts, alliance/partnership contracts, procurement type contracts, MOUs and non-disclosure contracts which will need your expertise.
Other aspects of this role will include
- Advising on data protection/GDPR.
- Studying proposed and existing legislations and application to business – e.g. anti- bribery, data protection and Shareholders’ Rights Directive II.
- The research and analysis of legal issues and provision of opinions to business.
- Reviewing and responding to RFPs/RFIs
- The preparation, review and management of internal business policies – e.g. anti-bribery, data protection and employment.
- Manage, and working with, external foreign legal counsels for contracts governed by foreign laws.
- Co-ordination and assisting in representation of the company in legal disputes.
The Key Attributes you will bring to this role include
- Excellent drafting skills and ability to present legal issues and opinion in a manner understood by business/non-lawyer.
- Pragmatic lawyering.
- Team player, congeniality and ability to foster good relationships with all colleagues from all business areas and on all levels.
- The ability to work independently and efficiently and multi-tasking in balancing multiple projects.
- Able to meet tight timelines and work under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Ability to communicate well with people from different cultures and backgrounds.
- Flexibility to work during out of office hours for contract negotiations with clients based in different time zones.
- Some foreign travel may be required.
- LLB or equivalent (min 2:1), be a Solicitor qualified in England and Wales, Australia, New Zealand or Singapore and have a minimum of 7 years PQE
Broadridge is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.
“Our Associate Matter, Everyone Benefits from Diversity & Inclusion, Diverse & Inclusive Teams Drive Growth.”
**Please mention 'The Legal 500 Jobs' in you application**