Trade Mark Paralegal
Our client is a highly successful law firm with offices in the UK and overseas; they are currently recruiting for a trade mark paralegal to join their London office. I have worked closely with the firm over the last 12 months and this really is an excellent opportunity - the last person I placed into this firm has been offered a training contract with them (but this is by no means guaranteed).
The role will involve providing administration support and assistance to the Trade mark attorney and other fee earners. Direct client exposure will be involved and the successful candidate will have an opportunity to liaise with third party agents and correspondent law firms. Interested candidates should preferably have experience of juggling a high volume of work in different client team as you will need to be able to work independently, progressing your workload without reminders and ensuring that tasks are delivered in a timely manner.
The role will cover:
1) Trade mark administration and portfolio management
- Updating and maintaining trade mark and dispute files
- General portfolio maintenance
- Dealing with correspondence and producing reports for clients
- Assisting team with on-boarding of new client trade mark portfolios
- Assisting senior lawyers with drafting fee estimates for trade mark filings and putting together advice regarding trade mark filing strategy
2) General IP
- Research into parties and client and/or third party IP rights and providing reports to fee earners
- Drafting bundles to accompany instructions to counsel and updating hard copy correspondence bundles for litigation
- Maintaining client folders on system
- Taking notes of meetings / calls and updating the systems
- Assisting with IP due diligence exercises
3) IP department administration
- Receiving all IP-related disbursements from third parties, reviewing bills received to ensure that these are in line with fee estimates and taking responsibility for posting to relevant files
- Assisting with client set-up/administration and financial management
- Conflict checks, client matter set up, DD and engagement letters
- Excellent academics
- Previous experience with trade marks in an IP environment to include ideally experience using a trade mark management database
- Ability to manage workload and prioritise tasks, to work as part of a team and under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
For more information, please contact Sarah Boxall at Chadwick Nott.
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.