Associate - Corporate NQ+, National firm: Leeds
What does the role involve?
We are looking for a Corporate Associate to join our Leeds office. You will be part of the Corporate and Commercial National Service Line ("NSL"), and you will undertake a broad mix of corporate work; acquisitions, disposals, corporate finance, joint ventures and general corporate advisory work.
The role will involve working closely with the corporate partner and the Leeds corporate team, assisting with developing the Leeds corporate practice areas, and aligning the Leeds practice within the firms sectors, as the firm invests in developing its Leeds office.
There will also be an opportunity to develop or enhance expertise in a wide range of work carried out nationally within the NSL. The firms business model is for teams and resource to be structured on a national basis, allowing you to gain experience in PE, PLC, international, and other niche areas of work, as well as developing genuine sector experience.
The NSL advises a broad range of clients, ranging from new start-ups, through to substantial private companies and PLCs, on a broad range of corporate issues and transactions, including IPOs, MBOs, fundraisings, joint ventures, private equity and venture capital investments and acquisitions and disposals.
What experience is required?
You will be NQ+ with corporate experience. You will have a good background in transactional work and be able to demonstrate both working as part of a team on large transactions and managing smaller transactions.
What skills and attributes would I need?
- Good academics
- Technically strong
- Attention to detail
- Excellent drafting and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and team skills
- Good business development skills, and the desire and commitment to build and improve upon them , as part of developing the Leeds corporate practice
- Organisation and prioritisation
- Systematic and methodical approach to work with ability to demonstrate these skills
- Experience of transactional work and the demands that tight timescales can bring
- Knowledge of private equity or venture capital style investment terms
- Experience of M&A transactional work
- Some exposure to public company and capital markets work
- Evidence of an understanding of what is needed to help grow and develop a corporate practice
Lipson Lloyd Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.