Clinical Negligence Solicitor
This national firm is looking for a 2-4PQE to join the defendant clinical negligence team in the Liverpool office
Our specialist Healthcare team covers all aspects of healthcare and related areas of law and practice, including child law, clinical negligence, clinical governance, consent to treatment, healthcare advisory and mental health. We provide a supportive, proactive service based on a deep understanding of NHS procedures and the social/political background of public healthcare. Our expert team includes doctors and nurses among other health professionals, all with specialist medical knowledge in key areas.
To manage own case load of defendant clinical negligence cases.
Main duties and responsibilities
· Manage own case load of litigated and pre-litigated clinical negligence cases
· Conduct relevant investigations in order to repudiate and/or conclude the claim
· Liaise with various parties such as claimants and their solicitors, clients, counsel, experts etc.
· Obtain documents and instruct experts
· Complete MI procedures as and when required
· Adhere to client protocols
· Achieve set financial and chargeable targets
· Ensure relevant deadlines, quality measures and KIPS are adhered to
· Comply with relevant policies and procedures
· Work in accordance with the firms' values
· Potential for client secondments
This list is not intended to be exhaustive and you may be required to carry on duties that fall within teh wider remit of the role.
The person specification
· Experience of managing a defendant litigated clinical negligence case load
· Knowledge of relevant procedures and have proven technical ability
· Excellent communication skills
· Excellent time management and organisation skills
· Ability to multi-task and prioritise
· Ability to work to strict deadlines and targets
· Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
Lipson Lloyd Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.