Corporate Tax Associate
1 day left
- 4-6 years
We’re growing our Corporate Tax team. We've already recruited a number of lawyers and are looking for more.
Our lawyers are renowned for providing high-quality creative and effective solutions to clients across a range of industry sectors, both nationally and internationally. Our tax lawyers, including a number of chartered tax advisors, have comprehensive tax knowledge and deep sector insight, providing the highest legal advice to our clients.
We play an integral supporting role in a wide range of transactions and also attract work on a standalone basis, both contentious and non-contentious. We are "really commercial and proactive at suggesting workable solutions to problems" and "there is a high technical level for all members of staff, they are also very courteous and very good at progressing work" (Chambers).
Our clients range from corporate entities and trusts, to charitable bodies, as well as High Net Worth individuals domiciled in the UK and abroad. Clients include Cooperative Group, The Crown Estate, First, Ministry of Defence, Virgin, Yeo Valley Group, YTL Hotels, etc
Working on a national and international scale, highlights include corporate restructurings, investment fund transactions and property transactions. The team have advised clients and intermediaries on a wide range of tax issues including:
- Corporate finance support on trade and private equity deals
- HMRC investigations
- Management tax incentives on buy-in and buy-out
- Tax advice to buyers and sellers of development land
- Advice to investment funds on inward investment in UK commercial and residential property
- Advice on tax efficient extraction of value from private companies and partnerships
- Advice on innovative user of partnership structures
- SDLT and ATED advice to residential and non-residential persons regarding investment in UK urban and rural property
- Disclosure of tax irregularities and HMRC under the various disclosure regimes
- Maximising entrepreneurs relief of SSE on setting-up and disposing of real estate assets and shares
- Tax based mediation
- Issues surrounding VAT and sales by receivers, etc
This role provides excellent opportunities to use a wide-range of skills and experience. With a varied work load, you can expect to become involved in all or any of the following:
- Corporate finance support
- Structuring acquisition and disposals
- Advising on corporate reconstruction and group arrangements
- Investigations and enquiries
- Structuring property transactions for landowners, funds and end users
- Asset finance support
- Employee related tax advice
- Advice to minimise shareholder tax
- EIS, SEIS VCT and corporate venturing advice
- Partnership tax
- Environmental taxes
- Tax advice to owner-managed businesses
- Tax-related litigation
We're committed to finding the right person for this role and are open to discussing flexible working patterns. The successful candidate will need to be willing to travel to meet the needs of our clients and could choose to be based predominantly in our Bristol or London office.
You should have strong academics, good quality experience gained at a leading law firm. You should also be flexible and willing to undertake new areas of practice. An existing CTA qualification and a specialism within the wider corporate tax environment, would be advantageous.
Please click on the Apply button to upload your covering letter and CV.