2+ Commercial - Hampshire
Broad ranging business services group with both a B to B and a B to C offering is seeking an additional lawyer with an aptitude for the B to C area of the business. A variety of services are offered by the group including some financial services. Above all, you will have a passion and flair for the retail environment and consumer issues.
Key duties will include:
- Provide legal support and advice in relation to a broad range of company activities.
- Provide day to day legal advice and support in relation to new business ventures, contract queries, drafting agreements with customers (terms and conditions, policies etc).
- Ensure compliance with internal policies.
- Support other members of the legal team in providing a fully integrated service across the Group.
- Ensure Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) is embedded in the culture of the company to deliver the six customer outcomes of right culture, right information, right delivery, right targeting, right advice, and right post sales treatment.
- Provide leadership within a framework of prudent and effective controls which enable risk to be assessed and managed to fit within the Board's agreed risk appetite.
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience of drafting and advising on contracts with consumers, customer journeys and scripts and on escalated consumer complaints/issues.
- Experience advising on marketing materials and ASA compliance.
- Experience dealing with data protection matters from both a B2C and B2B angle.
- A good legal and working knowledge of the principles of competition, commercial, contract and data protection law is required. Candidates with experience of acting as a legal adviser to insurer/insurance broker business and knowledge of the relevant regulatory framework will be preferred.
- Excellent literacy and reasonable numeracy skills.
- Competent and confident level of understanding and application of standard Microsoft software packages.
- Commercial outlook
- Good communication and drafting skills and an eye for detail and accuracy
- First class learning and problem solving abilities
- Rounded and balanced view of all situations acting clearly and diplomatically
- Clear thinking
- Skilled in time management and prioritisation of work
- Ability to manage own workload and work effectively under pressure and to deadlines
For additional information, please contact Brian Littleton at Chadwick Nott
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.