Our client is recognised as one of the UK's leading national law firms and they are currently seeking a paralegal. The main aspect of the role will be to support their Corporate & Commercial department but the successful candidate will also provide support across the banking, tax and commercial practice groups as required.
The role will include:
- General support of the department's transactional work and other projects
- Creation of new client matters including conducting conflict checks
- Assisting with preparation of ancillary documents relating to transactions such as Companies House forms, board minutes and shareholders' written resolutions
- Managing electronic data rooms
- Preparation of completion bibles (hard copy and on CD-rom)
- Incorporating companies using electronic systems
- Maintaining the Companies House search account, being responsible for investigating new search methods as necessary
- Routine company secretarial work for client companies including filing annual returns, processing charge registrations, changes of officers' details and dormant company accounts forms at Companies House
- Compiling and updating statutory registers
- Forwarding on of post to companies for whom we act as registered office
- Occasional legal tasks required i.e. drafting
Candidates should have experience in a similar role and strong academics including some legal training - LLB, GDL, LPC etc.
For more information please contact Rachael Travers at Chadwick Nott.
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.