Our client, a leading national law firm is currently recruiting a costs lawyer to join their busy team. You will be assisting a very busy costs team on complex costs litigation matters.
You must be able to show costs experience to include; drafting, party discussions and attending CCMC's and Court. The successful candidate will be responsible for preparing the solicitors costs for the purpose of negotiation and settlement in line with the clients best interests on both high value cases.
Responsibilities will include:
- Preparing Formal Bills/N260's and Budgets
- Dealing with negotiations of Bills including attendance at CCMC's
- Overseeing the Issuing of the Notice of Commencement and associated documentation where necessary
- Working on a variety of files, with high values
- Assisting with training and ad hoc queries
- Receiving incoming calls
- General administration duties as required
- Previous experience of working in a costs capacity.
- Excellent customer service skills
- The ability to work collaboratively as an effective team player
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Strong attention to detail
On offer is an excellent package and the chance to work flexibly from the Reading office.
For further details and to apply please send your CV to Penny Heighway at Chadwick Nott.
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.