Our client is a FTSE 100 sports gaming and betting company are seeking an Interim Financial Regulations Lawyer with a good understanding of GDPR/DataProtection. The role will be to work on financial regulatory matters, as well as assisting with the firm's client complaints handling and data subject access requests.
- A mid-level to senior role in a regulated investment firm
- Advising on a range of financial regulatory matters in connection with the groups core businesses, including regarding
- MiFID II, direct market access/direct electronic access, SFTR, MAR, costs and charges, product governance/new business, and SMCR
- Advising on the firm's product documentation and terms of business
- Drafting documentation for new products, services, or other third party arrangements
- Advising on the firm's compliance with UK financial regulation as an incoming EEA firm (UK branch)
- Advising on the firm's plans for compliance with the expected future enactment of the EU Investment Firms Directive and Investment Firms Regulation
- Complaints handling and data subject access requests
- Reviewing and advising on the circumstances of client complaints
- Drafting responses to client complaints
- Managing the firm's review and response to GDPR data subject access requests received from clients
- Qualified lawyer (5-8+ PQE)
- Previous experience in financial regulation gained with reputable firm
- Previous experience in-house a strong advantage
- Previous experience of DSARs an advantage but not essential
- Willingness to add data protection/GDPR understanding to core regulatory skill set
This role will initially be offered for 4 months, expected to be renewed, in total 6-9 months, and potentially further.
If you are interested and feel you have the skills and experience to be suitable for this role please send your CV for consideration
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.