A highly regarded national commercial firm.
The team advises on and draft heads of terms, development agreements and associated construction, planning and site disposal matters, funding arrangements, freehold transfer and associated due diligence procedures, grant assignment and lease renewals.
Clients range from major retailers, leisure operators, regional developers, local authorities, universities and healthcare providers.
The department has been involved in a range of projects from £100 million city centre regeneration schemes to smaller bespoke ventures.
Services includes the management of large property portfolios for occupiers and investors, advising on LTA 1954 renewals, easements, covenants, service charges and land registration.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Run own varied caseload of property re-mortgages, transfers of equity, sales and purchases (freehold/leasehold)
- Perform general file management duties
- Carry out searches
- Making applications to the Land Registry to register dealings
- Open new case files/matters on system
- Physically open new files, ensuring compliance with Lexcel and internal procedures
- Assist with and oversee money laundering checks on all new matters (or where funds are received on existing files)
- Ensure client is kept informed at all times by providing and updating a property reporting schedule on a weekly basis
- Attend client meetings where necessary
- Close and archive files, including filleting files ready for processing
- Assist in establishing and maintaining precedent files for the team by assisting in setting up and utilising work flows on the case management system
- Perform other general administrative, support and case handling duties as appropriate
- Residential conveyancing experience (minimum of 5 years experience)
- Able to run with transactions from start to finish
- Ability to work to deadlines and targets
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Excellent IT skills
- Confident communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
Lipson Lloyd Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.