Our client, an international luxury retail brand, are seeking a Legal Counsel to join them on a 12 month maternity cover basis from Jan 2021.
There is an exciting opportunity to join the established legal team within our clients head office in London for a 12 month period. The legal team enjoys a diverse and interesting workload supporting all areas of business and requires an agile, commercially aware and technically excellent commercial lawyer who can support the innovative and diverse projects, advise the business and protect the company from risk. The successful candidate will have excellent attention to detail, be capable of building strong relationships with internal stakeholders and be highly motivated.
We require an agile and technically excellent commercial lawyer with an interest in the retail/luxury goods sector who is willing to take on an interesting and varied workload, such as:
- Providing day to day legal support to the business in the UK, Corporate and EMEIA regions on a wide variety of business projects, seeking advice in local jurisdictions where appropriate and directly delivering commercial law advice.
- Reviewing, negotiating, drafting and advising on commercial agreements including in respect of warehousing and logistics, procurement of non-stock goods and services, IT projects, distribution, marketing, digital/e-commerce or franchise.
- Assisting and advising on any other general commercial matters such as distribution arrangements, procurement, supply chain issues and data protection matters.
- Supporting compliance projects within the business by providing advice and liaising with the business to achieve good governance.
- Delivering pragmatic advice and developing strong relationships with key stakeholders.
- Managing legal risk and giving proactive advice in order to reduce exposure.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following skills, experience and qualifications:
- Solicitor qualified at a major city firm with relevant experience (Ideally 1-4 PQE)
- Specialism in commercial law upon qualification
- Ability to operate with minimum supervision and in direct contact with internal clients.
- Experience in dealing with cross border matters involving working with foreign lawyers.
- Strong academic credentials essential.
- In-house experience.
- Knowledge of languages an advantage.
- Excellent commercial communications skills
Rate possibly paid on a daily basis. Equivalent perm rate up to 85K pro rata.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to be suitable for this role please send your CV for consideration.
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.