Great opportunity for a mid-level Employment Associate with c. 5 yrs pqe gained at a major regional firm or with a Directories' rated London employment practice to join a well regarded London practice on a 12 month FTC.
As a member of this team, you will deal with high-quality advisory and litigation work for a wide range of commercial clients. You will be required to support the corporate and property teams on mergers and acquisitions in addition to supporting the employment team's significant standalone client base which consists of large multinational corporations and a number of international start-ups and small to medium-sized businesses operating primarily in the financial, media, oil and gas, leisure and pharmaceutical sectors.
The role will involve roughly a 33:33:33 split between corporate and property transactional support, HR advisory work and litigation assistance (including the provision of solution-based advice to clients who seek counsel on their employment matters). The Associate will need to inspire confidence, demonstrate strong oral and written skills.
- Providing advice on employment issues stemming from corporate and property transactions, including TUPE, out/in-sourcing, reorganisations, M&As and restructuring.
- Assisting on and handling active employment litigation matters before the Employment Tribunals and the High Court.
- Advising clients on potential employment litigation including whistle-blowing, discrimination, protection of confidential information and post-termination restrictions.
- Assisting clients with day-to-day advice on all types of HR-related queries including grievance and disciplinary matters, termination of senior executives and drafting contracts of employment and staff handbooks.
- Taking responsibility (under supervision) for your own work and managing all aspects of client work in line with the firm's quality control procedures and the Lexcel office manual;
- Dealing directly with clients and taking primary responsibility for cases or specific tasks as appropriate;
- Confirmed admission to the roll of solicitors in England & Wales
- Excellent academics;
- At least 4-6 years' PQE within a specialist, top calibre employment team in private practice (both contentious and non-contentious), with the ability to demonstrate recent experience in the areas of work as referred to in the job profile;
- Experience acting regularly for employers, covering the full spectrum of employment law matters including HR advisory, litigation (both High Court and Tribunal) and corporate transactional work;
Salary to be reviewed based on skills and experience
If you feel you have the skills and experience to be suitable for this role please send your CV for consideration.
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.