Our client is seeking a legal executive to join them to focus on real estate and projects work.
The role will require flexibility and the ability to successfully prioritise competing demands.
Main Duties and Responsibilities of the Role:
* Street property acquisition and sales;
* Auction disposals;
* Leading on the delivery of Lease extensions (residential) both statutory and voluntary
(landlord and tenant);
* Undertake Land registration formalities;
* Complete of SDLT (Stamp Duty Land Tax) returns;
* Drafting full Reports on title;
* Reporting on key documents;
* Reviewing and reporting on titles for portfolio acquisitions;
* Land transfers (TR1 and TP1);
* Proof documents and information;
* Assist in dealing with deeds of easements and sectional agreements;
* Manage own caseload and assist partner and other fee earners in the day to day;
administration of files;
* Dealing with enquiries and chasing paperwork where necessary;
* Provide clients with monthly invoices and progress reports as and when required;
* Efficiently manage a large number of deadlines relating to a variety of cases at any one
* Organise and maintain tidy and accurate files both in hard copy and electronically;
* Provide support to the other fee earners within the team as and when required;
* Follow department procedures, the Solicitor's Accounts Rules and the Firm's policies and
procedures as detailed in the Office Manual.
The successful candidate will gain excellent exposure to a broad range of Property work from
residential conveyancing through to large PFI projects.
Attributes and Skills Required
* Strong academic background, ideally gaining a 2:1 at degree level;
* Minimum 12 months continuous experience in a similar role and possess solid drafting skills;
* Excellent administration and organisation skills, including diary management and the ability
to deal with more than one task at a time;
* Must have a methodical approach, with a high attention to detail and produce work /
documentation which is consistently of a high standard;
* Competent in all MS applications including Word, Excel and Outlook;
* Must be client focussed and have an approachable manner with excellent communication
skills both written and verbal;
* Able to work with limited supervision with the ability to prioritise workload to increase
* Commercially aware, proactive and able to convey clear and concise information to clients
and external organisations, which will not compromise the practice or the firm;
* To have a flexible approach to work to ensure client deadlines are always met and clients
are communicated with on a consistent and regular basis;
* Familiarity with Registered Providers would be an advantage but is by no means necessary.
This is an ideal opportunity for a junior legal executive, or even a Cilex NQ but with background paralegal experience, to gain some valuable work experience with a fantastic firm. If you are interested in expanding your CILEX experience and building your career as a legal executive, this is a perfect role for you. Previous real estate experience is essential. This role offers an attractive salary of £40K-£45K
To be considered, please speak to Jennifer Wellspeak
Tel: 0203 909 5176 or email in your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.