We are recruiting for a Litigation/Planning Locum at a Kent based council.
This is a three-month role (with potential to extend) to start as soon as possible. You will be a qualified solicitor or barrister and have experience handling both planning and litigation law in a local authority setting. Experience in Prosecutions is a must.
Day to day duties will include:
- Drafting s.106 Agreements
- Case managing
- Planning Inquiries
- Drafting Highways Agreements
- Advise and conduct legal files on behalf of all the clients of Medway Council, including local authorities, housing associations and schools and to provide advice, representation and undertake research as requested in relation to litigation
- Advise officers and members, including in public forums, in a proactive and politically sensitive manner
- Attend court where required to conduct advocacy on litigation matters
The Council would expect the successful candidate to attend the office on a weekly basis, with some remote working.
Due to the urgent nature of this role, please only apply if you have solid experience in local government planning, litigation and prosecution matters.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.
If you are interested in this position please send an up to date CV to SouthEastLegal@venngroup.com or call us on 020 7557 7667.