We’re looking for a motivated Commercial Property Lawyer to contribute their legal skills and experience to assist with two busy local authority clients.
This is a Commercial Property role, in the Legal Development and Property team. You would be expected to:
- Advise on and draft various legal commercial property work within the context of the local authority
- Work with other members of the in-house legal team to draw in other areas of expertise
- Provide support and work closely where required, with the in-house legal project lead/s and the clients on development/regeneration matters
- Qualified Solicitor
- Experience of working within a local authority commercial property team to include providing legal comments on reports for the Cabinet, Cabinet Members etc.
- Advise on all routine commercial property matters, including lease renewals, advising on security of tenure (in and out) the 1954 Act
- Draft and advise on wayleave/telecommunication agreements with third parties
- Assist clients (to include drafting) with easements, general charging of assets and other property related matters
- Draft commercial leases and various licences to include Licence to Occupy, Licence for Works Licence to Assign Lease, Crane Oversailing Licence etc.
- Acquire and dispose commercial property/land
- Draft and advise on easements, restrictive covenant, release and variation of restrictive covenants
- Provide advice on rent review
- Advise on ad hoc commercial matters
Providing support to Senior Lawyers on development projects
Understanding of basic residential matters i.e. Lease Extensions etc.
If you are interested in this position please send an up to date CV to SouthEastLegal@venngroup.com or call us on 020 7557 7667.