Major City firm seeks a lawyer to analyse and make decisions on conflicts and other compliance issues. To suit a lawyer with experience of working in a commercial law environment and ideally relevant conflicts experience.
The role includes the following responsibilities:
* Assessing whether new mandates can be accepted in the context of current conflicts and other regulatory rules, as well as internal policies, across the full range of practice areas within the firm.
* Assessing and making decisions on whether changes to existing mandates create any conflict or other compliance issues for the firm.
* Determining any applicable conditions upon which mandates can be accepted or continued.
* Analysing information contained in the Firm's conflict management systems.
* Liaising with both partners and lawyers to establish whether a conflict of interest exists, often in the context of a range of related matters, many of which are highly complex transactions.
* Establishing information barriers.
* Dealing with ad hoc questions/queries from Partners and lawyers relating to conflicts of interest and other engagement risk issues.
In addition to your background in a highly regarded commercial environment, a career in Risk and Compliance requires a strong intellect, a keen analytical mind and a robust yet personable nature. You should have excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate persuasively and clearly with all members of the Firm, both orally and in writing.
Lipson Lloyd Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Please note our advertisements use PQE levels purely as a guide to the minimum level of experience required. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfill this kind of work.