Employment Solicitor: Cheshire
Strong Commercial firm based in Cheshire seeks a further employment solicitor 2-6 PQE but they will look outside this PQE for the right. The firm is expanding with increased instructions across all sectors, its a really exciting time to join
To provide advice on a wide range of employment matters.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Deliver legal support across a wide range of employment matters including equality and discrimination; disciplinary and grievance issues; reorganisations and redundancies; settlement agreements; restrictive covenants; TUPE and managing Tribunal claims.
- Draft, negotiate and interpret contracts, agreements and policies and procedures.
- Give accurate prompt, realistic and relevant advice in response to clients' enquiries whilst managing their expectations.
- Gain an understanding of clients' requirements and how to achieve their needs.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients.
- Assist in the preparation of seminars and workshops and present at such events.
- Actively work to convert enquiries into new matters.
- Support senior fee earners with marketing opportunities, including; writing blogs and press releases, and to be pro-active in networking and business development.
- Ensure proper file management.
- Ensure all time recording is accurate.
- Ensure billing is completed to agreed timescales.
- Maintain confidentiality in line with the firm's policies and procedures; including dealing with confidential documents.
- Keep abreast of changes in legislation, case law and carry out legal research.
- Promote and comply with legislation and the firm's policies on equal opportunities and health and safety both in the delivery of services and the treatment of others.
- Identify and undertake training and development as required in order to meet personal, SRA and business needs.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties, commensurate with the level of the post so as to ensure the efficient running of the firm.
Lipson Lloyd Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Please note our advertisements use PQE levels purely as a guide to the minimum level of experience required. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfill this kind of work.