Company / Commercial Lawyer - 12 month fixed term contract
Our client is a fast growing, Not for Profit asset manager located in Central London. Due to business demand they are looking to recruit a lawyer on an initial 12 month contract (with the potential to become permanent) with a strong combination of Corporate / Commercial / Company law experience to join its legal function, reporting directly into the existing Sole Counsel. Your key responsibility will be to work directly with the business and act as a primary contact for all Business as Usual legal matters whilst the Sole Counsel focuses primarily on an internal project.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Management of and liaison with external legal counsel and legal specialists
- Be the first point of call for all organisational wide BAU legal issues
- Provide support to the Head of Legal on all legal matters
- Drafting, negotiation and reviewing of commercial contracts
- Manage all BAU processes, including any litigation and business transactions
The ideal candidate
You will be a qualified lawyer with at least 4 years' post qualification experience gained in-house or in private practice. You will have experience in experience dealing with a broad range of Corporate / Commercial and Company law matters and be particularly confident in drafting and negotiating a wide variety of agreements. Financial services experience is not essential but would be beneficial.
This is an opportunity to pursue an interesting, varied and challenging in-house role in a Not for Profit organisation which promotes a great work life balance for its employees, working in close proximity to the business.
For more information please call Rivka Hyman on 020 7187 7496.