Experienced Plot Sales Fee Earner/Legal Assistant: Birmingham
Our client is a leading UK law firm with a network of offices from the South Coast to Scotland, working together as one national team. An innovative practice and the first top 100 law firm to achieve "Gold Standard" Investors in People, their values and culture are not just words on the website but are the heartbeat of the firm. The lack of barriers between departments, a real lack of hierarchy, zero tolerance for arrogance and pomposity makes this place a fantastic place to work.
They are looking for an experienced paralegal to join the plot sales team, residential property experience is enough but they will not look at grauates with no practical experience so do not apply if you are in this genre.
- Issuing and preparing contract packs on the basis of pre-prepared standard documents following receipt of memorandum of sale
- Dealing with pre-contract enquiries under supervision where required.
- Processing exchange of contracts
- Preparation of relevant completion statements
- Completion procedures
- Undertaking Land Registry Applications for broader property team
- Completing on line SDLT returns for broader Real Estate team
- Use of Land Registry on line
- Procurement of conveyancing searches
- Dealing with incoming phone calls and post
- Correctly doing up outgoing post in time for relevant collection
- Opening of files
- Preparation of bills
- Use of the Document Production System or any replacement system the firm may install
- Use of Laserforms
- Use of Word / Excel for production of spreadsheets and reports
- Other duties may involve supporting the wider Real Estate team from time to time
Skills and qualifications
Added advantage but not a pre-requisite
- Preparing site set up documentation/pack to include preparation of the draft contracts, transfers, title pack and site set up documents.
- Liaising with the client and preferred solicitors to approve the draft transfer and estate layout plans.
- Dealing with deeds of easements and deeds of covenant, substation transfers and infrastructure and utility agreements.
- Dealing with sale of freehold blocks of apartments.
Skills and experience
- 2 years previous conveyancing/Plot sales experience preferred within a professional environment. Training will be given.
- Degree, LPC or Ilex qualification preferred but not a pre-requisite.
- Excellent client care skills
- Self confidence and ability to demonstrate initiative
- Ability to grasp things quickly and easily.
- Enthusiastic with a positive, can do attitude
- Good working knowledge of various applications - word, excel, outlook, digital dictation (not essential)
- Taking care and attention into all correspondence and documentation
- Flexible with the ability to adapt to change, new practices and remain calm under pressure and find solutions
- A methodical and organised approach with keen attention paid to every detail
- Excellent organisational skills are required for this role to ensure that the tasks are effectively scheduled within working time available, and that urgent work is completed and returned within the specified timescales.
- Friendly and helpful approach to dealing with queries
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to integrate within a team as well as working on ones own initiative
- Ability to deliver a quality service to both internal and external clients.
Lipson Lloyd Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Please note our advertisements use PQE levels purely as a guide to the minimum level of experience required. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfill this kind of work.