Commercial IP/IT Solicitor: Leeds/Harrogate
Our client is going through a period of growth and they are looking for a commercial solicitor with an emphasis on information technology. They ill look from 2PQE+ with no upper band, and you could be based in their Leeds or Harrogate office with some travelling in between.
The firms Digital clients are technology and digital agency companies in the UK and overseas (including USA), whom they advise particularly in relation to contract drafting and negotiation, especially around commercial protection, intellectual property, data protection and other aspects necessary both to drive and protect their businesses. They are deeply trusted advisers.
Both for these clients, and the other commercial clients, they have to have the versatility to advise in broader commercial aspects, including sales and acquisitions, shareholder agreements and commercial terms and conditions. The wider commercial team has strengths in dispute resolution, property and employment, and the team works as a closely integrated unit with appropriate cross-team paralegal, trainee and administrative support.
The job would involve;
- Working directly with key commercial clients especially in the digital sector, negotiating contracts especially for software deployment and digital marketing projects
- Advising on data protection projects to achieve GDPR readiness both for technology and other types of businesses
- An ability to deal with a broad range of commercial needs which business clients, albeit principally in the digital sector, may have.
Depending on experience, the role may include assisting with commercial transactions, and ideally being able to lead on some.
They will provide for Society for Computers & Law membership, and full access to PLC materials.
Regardless of the level of experience, they would expect the successful candidate to be able to work with valuable commercial, and particularly technology-based contracts from the off.
They would expect particular knowledge and strength in:
- Commercial contract issues;
- Intellectual Property, especially around copyright and trade marks;
- Data Protection, including the provisions of GDPR;
- Business structures
They would expect any candidate to have:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Understand clients commercial objectives;
- Be organised and methodical;
- Be a team player, with willingness to assist tea members to help deliver a joint outcome;
- Be able to work to deadlines and to prioritise conflicting objectives;
- Computer literate, with good research skills;
- Accurate, with good attention to detail
Lipson Lloyd Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Please note our advertisements use PQE levels purely as a guide to the minimum level of experience required. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfill this kind of work.