Regulatory, Health & Safety Solicitor: Birmingham
National firm is going through a period of expansion and they are looking for a 2-3 regulatory and health and safety solicitor who has a Criminal background for the team in Birmingham
This is an excellent opportunity to become part of a successful unit, supporting the development of an expanding regulatory team with the opportunity to be involved in marketing and growing the practice.
You will be expected to take on responsibility from the outset but will form part of the team with the necessary supervision, training and support to maximise your potential. You may also be involved in supervising work undertaken by junior lawyers.
You will be 2-3 years qualified and ideally you should have a criminal law background and be able to demonstrate experience in:
- health and safety and regulatory work involving prosecuting and defending in the Magistrates Courts
- advising upon relevant areas of criminal and regulatory law in connection with health and safety, environmental and planning legislation and specific statutory controls enforced by other regulatory bodies to include interpretation of legislation and advice upon procedural and evidential issues
- Advising public bodies in particular NHS Trusts on police powers and procedures often in sensitive cases with media interest
- advice and representation at Inquests
- client Risk Management advice.
Lipson Lloyd Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Please note our advertisements use PQE levels purely as a guide to the minimum level of experience required. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfill this kind of work.