Litigation Projects Lawyer
AECOM is recruiting a Litigation Projects Lawyer who will join a very competent and dedicated in-house legal team.
Primarily focus of this role is the monitoring at-risk projects and assisting delivery teams. Your internal client base is very diverse, as you will work in partnership with all business lines and regions, including AECOM operations throughout Europe, Middle East and Africa.
Job Duties Include:
- Identifying and monitoring projects which are at-risk of delivery and commercial issues.
- Assisting and guiding the Project Delivery Teams on commercial and contractual issues.
- Drafting and/or reviewing claims and key correspondence.
- Reporting on the progress and status of claims to local leadership, corporate and external insurers.
- Preparing strategy papers and monitoring compliance against them.
- Reviewing and advising upon contracts.
- Preparing summaries and guidance notes to project teams.
- Regular update calls with live projects under review.
- Support and close management of external legal advisors to ensure value for money and optimal advice are received. Assist with the on-going implementation of corporate initiatives, including ethics and compliance programs and devising local policy and procedure.
- Undertake risk and compliance training of staff and helping research and prepare guidance notes for the business on legal and risk issues, including compliance initiatives.
- Ensuring paperwork and evidence is in order to be able to pursue and defend claims
- Working closely and within the Litigation team to manage external counsel and implementing any guidance and advise given
To be successful in this role we would like to hear from candidates with the following;
- Good working knowledge of construction contracts including FIDIC, JCT, NEC and professional appointments.
- Good working knowledge of civil and arbitration procedures.
- Detailed understanding of principles of construction claims and legislation relevant to construction and engineering.
- Strong English communications skills, including superior presentation, reviewing, drafting, and negotiating abilities.
- Ability to analyze technically complex issues, and provide pragmatic and strategically sound advice.
- Previous experience working for a multi-national organization in the engineering, construction or similar sector or in a multi-national, full service law firm.
- Solid administration and organizational skills and the ability to work on own initiative as well as being a team player as part of a small but dedicated international legal team.
- Ability to multi task and work under pressure within frequently tight deadlines.
- Ability to influence people of different seniority and backgrounds.
- Qualified projects/ litigation solicitor with good post qualification legal experience.
- A qualified litigation solicitor or barrister with solid post qualification relevant legal experience.