AECOM is looking for a Paralegal to support its Claims, Disputes and Litigation Group. The Paralegal will work closely with our Global Head of Litigation, Corporate Vice Presidents of Litigation, Senior Corporate Counsel, and other Paralegals in the Group.
If you are a responsible, proactive professional who pays meticulous attention to detail, has a positive, team-player attitude, and can handle ever-changing priorities, we are looking for you!
• Help coordinate the logging of claims and legal process served on the company and organize claim and litigation-related documents, including by reviewing claim documents, inputting and tracking claim information in electronic claims management databases, understanding the Company and legal department structure, and effectively communicating with company lawyers, outside counsel, and other appropriate points of contact.
• Help coordinate company-wide claim, legal budget, insurance and other reporting.
• Assist lawyers across the Company with organization and payment of litigation-related invoices through the Tracker/Serengeti system.
• Work with AECOM lawyers across the country and the globe to ensure consistency in claim tracking, legal invoicing, and reporting.
• Assist with the development and implementation of internal systems aimed at further improving claim tracking, reporting, document organization, and legal invoicing.
• Organize case documents to help in-house attorneys prepare for meetings, depositions, and hearings.
• Support attorneys and legal staff with internal information requests.
• Support the litigation legal team with daily tasks and responsibilities as directed.
To be successful in this role we would like to hear from candidates with the following
• Previous paralegal or other similar litigation and/or corporate law experience at a law firm and/or large corporation
• Completion of an ABA-approved paralegal program.
• Bachelor's degree.
• Fluency in MS Office required. Experience with Tracker/Serengeti invoicing system strongly preferred.
• Initiative, planning and organizational skills, follow-through, accuracy and meticulous attention to detail are critical.
• Self-motivated, flexible candidate, who has the ability to anticipate legal department needs, work under pressure, and handle highly confidential information with utmost discretion.
• Team attitude that no job is too big or too small.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively work with various departments and levels within company and around the world.
• Ability to work in a high activity/fast paced environment and manage associated stress.
• Ability to work independently.
Experience gained within the Construction / Engineering industry would be preferred although not essential.
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
CV’s to Leanne.firstname.lastname@example.org.