This rapidly expanding niche IT Company has a global team of more than 2,300 employees across North America, Europe and Asia Pacific. It has a broad client base including some of the world's largest commercial real estate participants, such as financial institutions, investment funds, accounting firms, real estate developers, governmental institutions and firms in the oil and gas sector. Clients use their technology and expertise to help transact and manage their global real estate investments. This company is looking for it's first London Based Lawyer to join its team in London with a primary focus on technology and software as well as privacy/data regulations.
- Supporting our worldwide sales and product teams on sales/license transactions, commercial deals and partnership opportunities.
- Timely providing legal counsel to ensure closing commercial deals each quarter.
- Undertaking the day-to-day yet constantly changing transactional work including agreement drafting and negotiating a variety of agreements including inbound and outbound licensing agreements, consulting agreements, strategic alliance agreements, and reseller agreements.
- Monitoring changes to and ensuring compliance with local regulations, including the General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR") and serve as a subject matter expert with respect to these regulations
- Providing practical legal advice and support on a variety business matters in a fast-paced environment
- Contributing to the legal strategy for new product offerings, including cloud based SaaS and data analytics products.
- Identifying legal and commercial risk for the business.
- Interfacing and collaborating with all levels of the company, including senior management.
- Maintaining a high level of professionalism and outstanding legal judgement and an innovative approach to legal issues in support of strategic business initiatives and objectives
- Closely collaborating with and obtaining oversight from the Vice President, Legal in the United States and General
- Counsel in Toronto.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Significant experience drafting and negotiating contracts and agreements for technology-related goods and services, including SaaS, consulting, software licensing, and purchase agreements, statements of work, change orders, amendments and NDAs, preferably with exposure to both perpetual and subscription licensing models.
- Experience partnering with and supporting a fast-paced sales or business development organization to close deals; strong organizational skills to prioritize and manage multiple time-sensitive projects simultaneously in such an environment to help drive deals to close
- Ability to help mitigate risk in connection with new products and services
- Excellent commercial awareness and the ability to well under pressure.
- Solid understanding of intellectual property laws and the protection of intellectual property
- Knowledge of data protection and privacy legislation.
- Commercial awareness.
- Strong academics and advocacy skills.
- 6+ years PQE with exposure to a range of technology & business issues
For additional information on this excellent opportunity, please contact Brian Littleton at Chadwick Nott on 0203-096-4549 or at email@example.com
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.