FINANCIAL SERVICES REGULATORY SENIOR ASSOCIATE 3-6YRS- UK FIRM
This UK firm are seeking a Senior Associate to join their Financial Services Regulatory Practice. Their Practice provides regulatory and commercial advice to financial institutions across the banking (including payment services and mortgages), investment, fund and insurance sectors.
Their FS Regulatory group sits within the Corporate Division and has close links with their Finance, Private Wealth, Technology, Disputes and Capital Markets practices.
Their team has successfully established a strong, market-recognised (Chambers and L500 ranked) FS regulatory practice over the past ten years. It has an impressive cross-section of long-term clients and has successfully attracted several high-profile new clients in the past couple of years
They are therefore looking for a Senior Associate to specialise in financial services regulatory work. Reporting to the Head of FS Regulatory, and working with other Partners and Associates in the group and other groups, the role involves an approximate split between:
* Advising regulated financial sector clients (including new entrants) directly on legal, regulatory and compliance matters (70%)
* Advising on the financial services regulatory aspects of various corporate transactions and other commercial projects for clients across the firm (30%)
They are looking for solid core regulatory competency given the diversity of the practice, but it is recognised that it is increasingly difficult to be a specialist in all areas. Therefore they would welcome signs of development and specialism in at least one of the following areas:
- Funds / investment firms: E.g. MiFID, AIFMD, EMIR, PRIPS
- 'Fintech': payments, e-money, AML, retail facing products
- Lending: consumer credit/mortgages and associated processes
- Regulatory compliance: even if not necessarily sector specific, good experience of FCA/PRA licence applications, 166 reviews, policy & procedures, managing regulatory intervention
For further information, please contact Chris Mayo on 020 7187 7430. Alternatively, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.