In-house (Employment) Solicitor
In-house Solicitor (Employment) - 2+PQE - Surrey - A unique opportunity to join a not for profit organisation and handle a mixed bag of employment work. Call us now on 020 3011 5173.
JOB TITLE: In-house (Employment) Solicitor
PQE REQUIRED: 2+
LOCATION: Leatherhead (Commutable from: London, Surrey, Kent )
Reporting to the Deputy General Secretary, the in-house Solicitor will be responsible for providing a comprehensive service of employment law advice. Providing advice on civil procedure and costs matters as well as implementing and keeping under review a legal strategy that ensures a consistent approach to the provision of legal advice and support. This will include
- Develop and maintain an effective working relationship with each of the Claims administration departments;
- In conjunction with the training department contribute to the training on employment and discrimination law, ensuring they are updated on developments in case law and legislation;
- Providing a first-stage analysis of requests for advice/funding /support;
- In conjunction with the Research department contribute to a legal database which includes legal advice and relevant case decisions where requested;
- Review commercial contracts;
- Assist HR with any internal queries on an as required basis;
- Review leaflets and other materials produced in the employment and discrimination fields before they go to print.
- Direct post-qualification work experience in employment law and/or discrimination law for at least 2 years;
- A demonstrable understanding, awareness and commitment to the promotion of equality and diversity;
- Demonstrable experience with a good understanding and awareness of employment and discrimination law and Employment Tribunal practice and procedure;
- The ability to assess cost/merit/benefit of cases;
- Direct experience of assigning cases to and working with advocates;
- The ability to make complex legal matters accessible to non-lawyers through written and oral communication;
- The ability to review commercial contracts.
HOW TO APPLY:
Contact PASQUALE AGATIELLO at eNL on 020 7183 8586 or email firstname.lastname@example.org now with your CV or simply call for a confidential discussion.
If you would like to review any other vacancies we are currently handling, then please visit our web site https://enllegal.co.uk/
eNL is handling a number of Employment Solicitor vacancies throughout the London and the South East. If you are an Employment Solicitor looking for a move, call now for a confidential discussion. As part of our candidate care process we aim to respond to all applications within 7 working days. If you have not been contacted within this timescale your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please go to http://www.enllegal.co.uk/candidate-registration.php to register your interest for similar positions. Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide.
In addition, if you know any Employment Solicitor's who may be interested, remember we do offer up to £500 referral fee bonus (Terms and Conditions apply).