Our client is an award winning law firm with a number of offices in the UK and overseas. Due to expansion, they are looking for 4 Claims Handlers to join their Bristol office. You will join a small professional claims department that is part of a market leading, nationwide team. You will receive a salary of up to £30,000 (depending on experience), a competitive benefits package and opportunities for career progression.
The purpose of these roles - to take ownership of end-to-end handling of low to medium complexity Professional Risks claims - experience in a similar role essential.
- Negotiate settlement of low to medium complexity claims promptly, economically and equitably.
- Understand the SLA's and KPI's of the department and ensure adherence to these standards.
- Provide coaching, support and advice as appropriate to the Claims Assistants.
- Provide excellent customer service at all times.
- Ensure claims are dealt with fairly and costs are properly controlled.
- Take a pro-active approach to investigation, ADR and negotiation to avoid unnecessary litigation.
- Identify trends and pass on information on risk to the Team Leader.
- Responsible for quality and integrity of the MI provided.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with intermediaries / customers and suppliers to ensure defined service levels are met and exceeded.
- Ensure that quality assurance standards and procedures are achieved.
- Provide control of claims to settlement as per the stipulations contained within the authority matrix and ensure consistency in the quality of estimates.
- Experience in a similar role to include demonstrable technical claims experience and product knowledge and an understanding of relevant legislative and legal framework.
- A suitable legal qualification or working towards
- Customer focussed and target driven.
- IT literate with experience of working with a case management system.
For more information, please contact Sarah Boxall at Chadwick Nott.
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.