Commercial/IP Lawyer, 2 + years' PQE,
Lucozade Ribena Suntory is home to two of the UK’s biggest soft drinks brands, and is the third largest branded soft drinks supplier in the UK. They are now looking to hire a Commercial/IP lawyer to provide support for a broad range of functions and projects.
Located in the Stockley Park head office (near Heathrow), you will work closely with other members of the legal team, in particular the General Counsel and Senior IP Lawyer, as well as with senior stakeholders across the business. You will be providing legal advice in relation to the company’s marketing, IP and commercial activities, in alignment with the business strategy. Key responsibilities will include:
- Drafting and negotiating agreements relating to marketing activities;
- Drafting and negotiating sponsorship, collaboration and other partnership agreements;
- Supporting the Senior IP Lawyer in relation to the company’s IP portfolio and IP matters relating to licensed brands;
- Negotiating and drafting IP licenses and other IP and brand focused commercial agreements;
- Providing advice in relation to the company’s digital activities;
- Drafting and negotiating technology agreements, including App end-user licences, as well as supply and service agreements;
- Advising on competition terms and conditions;
- Providing data protection advice;
- Supporting colleagues in the legal team on wider commercial and corporate work, as required;
- Liaising with outside counsel, service providers and other supporting companies, and help to manage the legal team budget.
The ideal candidate will have good academic qualifications and be a UK qualified lawyer with 2 + years’ PQE gained at either a well-regarded law firm or recognised in-house legal team. The chosen candidate will ideally be a lawyer working in the commercial/IP team of a law firm looking to make their first move in-house or will have already moved in-house as a commercial or IP lawyer. It is highly desirable that you have some IP experience, although not essential. Experience in the FMCG industry would be an advantage, but not a prerequisite.
You will be a team player, able to use your own initiative and rapidly provide sound, commercial and pragmatic solutions to the business. You must be a self-starter, with a positive can-do attitude, capable of managing a number of diverse matters simultaneously. Excellent written and verbal communication and skills are essential.
More searches like this
- Company/Commercial In-House £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- Information Technology In-House £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- Intellectual Property In-House £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- Copyright In-House £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- Patents In-House £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in London (Greater)