International Arbitration Lawyer (Interim)
Our client, an innovative legal and finance start-up business is recruiting for an International Arbitration Lawyer to work within their Diligence team.
The purpose of this role is to be responsible for conducting due diligence on the legal merits of cases and arranging the finance for litigation funding. We are therefore looking for a Qualified Solicitor (England & Wales or other Common Law jurisdiction) with a minimum of 10 year PQE.
who has strong commercial and financial analytical skills with the ability to interpret data, generate insights and construct solutions.
Case review & Assessment:
- Review commercial claims to assess for investment potential.
- Considering and evaluating the strength of the claim's legal merits, including detailed assessment of legal arguments and documentary and witness evidence.
- Review Counsel's opinion, all documentation received and prepare summaries for internal review.
- Conducting research into legal authorities (case law and statutes).
- Considering and assessing the commercial merits of a funding application.
- Preparing internal technical legal advice relating to the merits of a funding application.
- Considering and developing strategy for pursuing the litigation or arbitration.
- Assisting in the preparation of the budget for the litigation or arbitration which is the basis of the finance application.
- Liaising with lawyers, insurers and finance professionals in respect of the finance application.
- Build finance applications and discuss financial terms with claimants and law firms.
- Ongoing liaison with external counsel on cases.
- Liaise with the costs consultants and other stakeholders in the business re the economics of the case.
- Drafting and negotiating a range of agreements and ensuring the correct execution of the same.
- Present investment findings and recommendations to the investment committee.
The role is likely to initally be for a 3 month period but a strong likelihood of extension beyond this.
Daily rate subject to experience.
If you feel you have the skill and experience to be suitable for this role please send your CV for consideration.
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.