Working for a leading owner managed Forex and CFD business you will ensure the company fully complies with all relevant legislation and regulation with respect of Financial Crime including The Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Transfer of Funds Regulations 2017, Sanctions, Proceeds of Crime Act 2002, the UK Bribery Act 2010 and the Criminal Finances Act 2016 and relevant Joint Money Laundering Steering Group Guidance. Also to act as Deputy MLRO for the Dubai branch.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Working with all areas of the firm to ensure it establishes and maintains appropriate financial crime policies, procedures, systems and controls;
- Conducting and maintaining firm wide financial crime risk assessment, implementing appropriate risk mitigation and review program aligned to risk assessment;
- Set the policy standards and requirements for Customer Due Diligence (including enhanced due diligence requirements), Know Your Customer, Know Your business, source of funds, client information, client profiling and suitability during the account opening process and the client rolling review program;
- Review and approve high risk client and all PEP client relationships;
- Monitoring all aspects of the business to identify actual or potential weaknesses of internal controls, advising on and implementing remedial action;
- Responsibility for implementing and maintaining appropriate continuous financial crime monitoring program in respect of client and client activity;
- Consider all suspicious activity reports and where appropriate make and/or oversee both STOR and SAR filing to external authorities;
- Provision of appropriate financial crime management information including the delivery of KRI/KPIs, preparing the annual MLRO report for senior management and the FCA REP-FIN-CRIM return
- Providing the business with advice and guidance on all relevant regulatory obligations and consider financial crime risks associated with new business initiatives including new products, jurisdictions etc;
- Provide financial crime education, awareness and training across the firm as required;
- Develop and strengthen relationships across the firm to promote best practice and ensuring a good understanding of financial crime regulation;
- Deputise for the MLRO (CF11 holder) as and when required;
- Provide support to Compliance Director/MLRO in its liaison with regulators, auditors (both internal and external), group companies and external organisations as appropriate;
- Keep abreast of regulatory, legislative change and industry; specific updates, including regulatory actions, sharing findings and observations that may materially impact the business;
- Liaise with law enforcement and regulators to resolve any relevant issues;
- Support to the Client On-boarding and Financial Crime;Support to the Client On-boarding and Financial Crime;
- Surveillance teams and responsibility for individual team development;
- Participate in ad hoc investigations and reviews as required.
- Travel to other locations when required to assist the Compliance function with audits, inspections etc.
Key skills and experiences required for the role include:
- 3 - 5 years financial crime experience gained within an EU
- Thorough understanding of the legal and regulatory financial crime framework in which the firm operates;
- Gravitas to command respect of colleagues on sometimes contentious issues;
- Business empathy - ability to see and respond to all sides of a debate;
- Ability to communicate at all levels both orally and written;
- Knowledge of FX/CFD broker products an advantage
For additional information, please contact Brian Littleton at Chadwick Nott on 0203-096-4549 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.