Our London based client provides innovative finance solutions for law firms and their clients. Due to expansion, they are currently recruiting for a paralegal/investment associate to join the team.
The purpose of this role is to provide support for the investment team to provide efficient and effective due diligence reviews of cases introduced by the client relationship team. In monitoring, supporting Investment managers to manage the successful resolution of cases and any issues which may arise post deployment of funds.
Specific tasks will include:
- Preparing files: Assisting in preparing files and bundles.
- Coordinate with Investment Manager to send case files for external legal review.
- Chasing for monthly reports and invoices from lawyers and ensure they are up to date and filed timely.
- Regularly update the system with the required details to ensure all necessary information is collated and stored.
- Ensuring the system is kept up to date and all documents are saved and organised correctly on platform and shared drive.
- Inputting budgets, budget variations expenses and fees on the system.
- Drafting correspondence both internally and externally and arranging and preparing all paperwork and details needed for meetings and taking minutes
- Preparing fee earner budgets and reviewing invoices and cross-checking against contract terms agreed checking in detail time billed against criteria advised by the investment team.
- Profiling and summarising of documents.
- Assisting on finance transactions and completions and dealing with finance contract variations.
- Conducting due diligence.
- Proof reading, copy checking, indexing, archiving.
- Undertaking legal research as and when required.
- Legal disputes experience gained in private practice or in-house likely in a paralegal role.
- Strong academics including completion of LLB, LPC or equivalent
- Flexible approach willing to take on any administrative/support tasks to support the Investment Managers and team in the primary role of reviewing, recommending and managing meritorious cases for investment.
- Ability to prioritise and deliver to tight and demanding timescales with excellent organisational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate clearly and confidently.
As a rapidly growing company, for the right candidate there is real potential to progress beyond your role in time and build a successful career. I have placed several people with them over the last 12 months and all roles have arisen due to significant growth. For more information, please contact Sarah Boxall at Chadwick Nott.
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.