SENIOR BANKING PSL - MAGIC CIRCLE FIRM
The role will form part of the Banking Know-How Team. The primary focus of the role is fee earner and client training. The role will have responsibility for maintaining, developing and delivering the fee earner and client training of the global Banking or the global Banking department. The role will also involve working with other Banking PSLs in supporting the global Banking department by producing internal and external opinion pieces and updates on current issues
Role and responsibilities
Training and development - fee earners and clients
* Overall leadership and responsibility for the best in class Banking training programme.
* Develop a fee earner and client training strategy for the Banking department.
* Maintain and develop existing training programmes, seminars and workshops for Banking fee earners and clients. Design and deliver new ones and coordinate with the other Banking PSLs and fee earners to roll them out.
* Produce the content either personally or in partnership with partners, associates or external speakers.
* Arrange appropriate speakers for training programmes, seminars and workshops (whether partners, associates or external speakers), and ensure they are fully briefed and prepared. Monitor speakers to ensure they are delivering training to meet or exceed our high standards.
* Personally deliver training seminars and workshops to Banking fee earners and clients.
* Regularly review and evaluate the content of training programmes, seminars and workshops for fee earners and clients to ensure the format and content is up to date and fit for purpose. Update the content where necessary either personally or in partnership with partners, associates or external speakers.
* Identify fee earner training needs (whether technical legal, practice related or skills based) through regular training needs analysis and consultation, and fill any gaps.
* Work with partners and the broader Banking department support teams (including the business development and client relationship teams) to identify client training needs, gaps and opportunities.
* Proactively monitor trends in training to ensure the training for Banking fee earners and clients remains at the leading edge in terms of content and delivery. Keep up to date with developments in training delivery methods and technology, and implement new methods for delivering fee earner and client training
* Manage the Banking training team coordinator.
Professional Support Lawyer
* Support partners and associates as required in their client relationship development through preparing and/or identifying useful written and electronic materials
* Gather, synthesise and produce good quality, up to date and readable material for inclusion in the firm's opinion pieces
* Prepare updates in line with legal developments to inform colleagues and the advice they give to clients
* Maintain and develop own knowledge of law, practice areas, clients and current issues to grow expertise, reputation and usefulness.
* Qualified lawyer - Minimum 4 years PQE or similar
* Technical competence in finance law as expected at level of qualification
* Self starter with the desire and ability to continuously acquire, build upon and share knowledge
* Will have worked successfully as an associate, partner or PSL / Senior PSL in a bank or law firm
* Previous strong experience in designing and delivering training programmes. Be a confident and professional presenter / trainer.
* Sound experience of working with senior management within a complex international organization
* Strong commercial/business acumen with the ability to deliver creative and pragmatic solutions and advice
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interface at all levels and particularly to win the respect of the partner and fee-earner community, building and developing strong (internal and external) client relationships
* Collaborative team player with the ability to develop and work in a fast paced, intellectually rigorous environment
* Previous experience in developing and leading more junior team members
* High energy individual who enjoys both the operational and strategic sides of this role and shows great flexibility
* Resilient; able to understand that credibility has to be earned in this environment and may take time
* A person of sound judgment, able to establish a high level of credibility in the organisation and act as a trusted advisor to fee-earners
For further information, please contact Rachael Fowler on 020 7187 7438. Alternatively, please email your CV to email@example.com.
Apply for SENIOR BANKING PSL - MAGIC CIRCLE FIRM
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly