FINTECH transactions - global FS leader - £Excellent - London
Our client is an international financial services and communications company. This is an exceptional role for good commercial transactional lawyer with an understanding of financial services regulation. The company rewards lawyers who are commercially astute all-rounders with a can-do attitude.
Due to an internal restructuring they are looking for a mid-level generalist corporate/commercial lawyer with an understanding and exposure to the financial services regulatory framework. You will join their closely integrated global team and to be based in their City UK headquarters.
In this role you'll support the business in Europe by advising assisting the business in negotiating technology-based transactions with partners, clients and service providers. You'll advise on local regulatory requirements relating to payments, foreign exchange and derivatives, and serve as a trusted business partner to management in the region, counselling stakeholders on risks associated with strategic projects, supporting local regulatory initiatives and providing general legal support on corporate and commercial matters.
- Draft, review and negotiate agreements with partners, customers and vendors (in coordination with relevant stakeholders)
- Manage external counsel as required
- Advise and support compliance within the business
- Advise and support the Marketing department and provide legal sign-off for marketing materials; and
- Work closely with other legal departments and shared functions within the business's General Counsel's office
In order to be considered for this role you will have:
- trained at an established law firm and/or legal department and most likely have 5-6 years' post-qualification experience;
- substantial experience of drafting and negotiating large scale technology transactions;
- ideally spent time in both an international law firm and the legal department of a multi-national corporation (preferably engaged in the provision of financial services and/or regulation of financial services),
- the ability to deal directly with business clients at all levels, both inside and outside of the organisation.
Ideally you will also have:
- Experience of working with payments, foreign exchange, and derivatives including OTC derivative documentation,
- Familiarity with European FS regulation including EMIR, MiFID, the Payment Services Directive
Lawyers qualified in Europe, the US or the Commonwealth with the requisite experience (and the right to work in the UK) are very welcome to apply.
To discuss this opportunity please send your CV in complete confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org or call David on +4420 3950 0528 for a confidential discussion.
Jameson Legal is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.