Leading life assurance/pensions services business, that is a member of the FTSE 250 index, with a premium listing on the London Stock Exchange and a key player in the consolidation of the life assurance sector.
Reporting to the Director of Legal, you will act as a Senior Legal transactional lawyer and negotiator for bulk purchase annuities.
On a day to day basis, this will involve providing legal advice to senior members of the Life companies with the primary focus on bulk annuity transactions, including but not limited to the restructuring of key assets and new investments that are required for the bulk annuity business. Key accountabilities will include:
- To provide advice and guidance to the business and support the role of the Director Legal as the "conscience" of the life companies and service companies.
- To ensure that management of the Business are aware of and understand their legal responsibilities under all relevant legislation, codes of conduct and equivalent guidance that applies to the companies and service companies.
- To support the Director Legal to keep under review all legislative, regulatory and corporate governance developments that might affect the operations of the companies and service companies and ensure that management of the business are fully briefed on such developments.
- Assist the Director Legal to identify and mitigate risk within the legal function.
- Assist the Director Legal to effectively operate the control environment for the legal function and ensure the effective and timely resolution of any audit, compliance or control issues arising.
- To ensure that each of the companies and service companies operate in compliance with the terms of its Memorandum and Articles of Association or other equivalent constituent documents.
- Represent the companies and service companies and demonstrate Group values internally and externally.
- Adhere to Group values in your own behaviour, in particular demonstrating 'fairness' which links directly to Treating Customers Fairly.
For additional information, please contact Brian Littleton at Chadwick Nott on 0203-096-4549 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.