Broad ranging commercial/corporate role at a leading professional services firm. Reporting to the Senior In-House Counsel and General Counsel and work as part of the team that is responsible for advising the firm on all legal issues affecting the firm both in the UK and Internationally (excluding the US). The in-house team works closely with the Board, Managing Partner, Senior Partner and Executive management of the firm.
The successful candidate will possess developed team working and communication skills. We offer first rate support in the form of training, manager time, excellent career prospects and an opportunity to play a role in the development of a key team in one of the world's most exciting and dynamic professional services firms.
Candidates who have between 2 to 4 years' PQE, are likely to have the right level of knowledge and have gained the right level of experience needed to be able to undertake this role. All candidates with equivalent experience will be given equal consideration.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Working with the procurement team to negotiate, draft and advise on a range of contracts and confidentiality agreements both UK and International
- Data Protection and Trade Mark Issues
- Partner Issues
- Dealing with incoming and departing partners, partner reports, consultancy agreements, service agreements
- Interpreting and advising on the constitutional documents of the International firm
- General corporate
- Assisting the in-house finance and tax teams on finance and tax issues affecting the firm
- Assisting with corporate restructurings and advising generally on the structure of the firm
- Drafting and negotiating financing and intra group loan agreements
- Drafting Heads of Terms/Memoranda of Understanding
- Assisting with acquisitions and the establishment of new offices
- Drafting and negotiating Joint Venture agreements
- Assisting with the drafting of reports for the Executive and Board
- Working closely with the other members of the Legal, Risk Management and Compliance team and assisting on project and non-project work
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Previous experience in a similar role in private practice or in-house is a definitive advantage
- The successful candidate will need to possess excellent technical skills and attention to detail
- Developed team work, project management and client care abilities
- Highly organised, with proven ability to plan and manage a busy and varied workload
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to take personal responsibility for and ownership of delivery
- Relationship management and the ability to work effectively at all levels including directly with management
- Ability to multi-task and to work in a busy and challenging environment
- Willingness to be flexible in terms of tasks to be taken forward
For additional information, please contact Brian Littleton at Chadwick Nott on 0203-096-4549 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Apply for Commercial/Corporate 2+
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly