EMPLOYMENT/PENSIONS PSL- LEADING CITY FIRM
This Leading City firm are currently looking for an Employment/Pensions PSL to join their team in London.
Their Employment and Pensions practice group is a multidisciplinary team, they are able to advise on both litigation and advisory matters. For over 30 years they have provided a "full service" legal and support function to their clients. Known for their clear and commercial advice that reflects their market practice, they have a wealth of experience and are valued for their sensible approach. Their areas of focus include:
Design and roll out HR policies, review executive pay, co-ordinate employment cost-cutting exercises and advise on contentious employment issues.
Advise both pension scheme trustees and sponsors on legal issues faced when operating a pension scheme.
Design bespoke remuneration structures to suit clients' specific objectives
Your Main responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining a cutting-edge knowledge of employment and pensions law and practice;
- Developing and maintaining the team's knowhow resources, including precedents and user-friendly knowhow banks;
- Co-ordinating internal knowhow meetings, including identifying relevant topics, dealing with queries, planning training timetables, presenting/organising speakers (including external speakers where relevant), overseeing arrangements and monitoring attendance;
- Co-ordinating the Employment and Pensions trainee and junior associate training programme, including developing working systems for efficient service delivery (for example, a transaction support model/toolkit);
- Assisting junior members of the team with establishing and maintaining efficient and profitable working practices;
- Co-ordinating with other departments to arrange cross-departmental knowhow and keep the team updated on relevant developments in other areas;
- Preparing legal updates and briefings for clients and liaising with fee earners to ensure relevant and appropriate legal developments are communicated to the firm's clients in a coherent, proactive and timely manner;
- Developing and maintaining the team's web/Quest pages and social media presence;
- Co-ordinating external and client seminars, including carrying out research, preparing slides and materials, and presenting/organising speakers, as appropriate;
- Representing the team in external professional networks;
- Preparation of pitch and other marketing documents in conjunction with the Business
- Development team where appropriate, including preparing information packs on prospective clients;
- In conjunction with the BD team, coordinating the employment and pensions teams' annual directory submissions;
- Occasional recording of chargeable time where appropriate, including supervising junior associates on client matters.
For further information, please contact Jeremy Mead on 020 7187 744. Alternatively, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.